Breaking: More Devastating News for Alec Baldwin

Alec Baldwin, for some reason not in prison despite having shot two people on the set of “Rust,” just got more bad news: now his show is being canceled

As a reminder, Baldwin shot the cinematographer on the set of “Rust,” for some reason pointing the gun that way and pulling the trigger, as the New York Post reported, saying:

Alec Baldwin “intentionally” fired a gun toward cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the “Rust” movie set, disregarding set protocol in the deadly shooting, according to a new lawsuit filed Wednesday.

[…]In the suit, Mitchell claimed, “Alec Baldwin intentionally, without just cause or excuse, cocked and fired and loaded gun even though the upcoming scene to be filmed did not call for the cocking and firing of a firearm.”

She also said every safety protocol designed to ensure safety with a firearm on set was ignored, such as the presence of live ammunition on set, and that “actions that were taken” that day “were against all industry norms.”

Additionally, the family of the cinematographer he shot, Hayla Hutchins, is suing Baldwin, claiming that his conduct was reckless and violated numerous industry standards, as CNN reported.

Well, in addition to having to deal with those lawsuits and all the other problems that have come with the shooting, Baldwin’s also going to have to manage having his TV show, “Match Game,” canceled.

According to an article in Variety, “Match Game,” a show Baldwin hosts, is not expected to return ot ABC this summer, with the network deciding on other summer game shows for its programming line up.

However, the decision to cut “Match Game” was supposedly not related to the “Rust” shooting, as Variety reports, saying:

The fate of “Match Game” had been the source of speculation in the wake of Baldwin’s accidental shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the independent production “Rust” last fall. Read more

4 thoughts on “Breaking: More Devastating News for Alec Baldwin”

  1. Seems almost like Karma that a man in league with the anti-gun crowd should be facing charges related to the illegal use of a gun and improper handling of a gun should be facing civil suits and murder charges.
    Hope he hangs for he and his ilk would disarm those of us who have trained in the use of weapons and never once shot or endangered anyone while we carried our weapons on our person so as to be prepared to protect ourselves, family and friends should a threat present itself.

  2. It says he shot 2 people. Who was the other? Still not charged with negligence I see. Why? I would be. Why not this pig?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.